My Icon Story Limited (we, us
or My Icon Story
), is a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 10546468.
For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller of your personal data. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK with reference number ZA2555536.
DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data means any information relating to an individual, which can identify them, either directly or indirectly. It can refer, amongst other things, to an identification number, or to one or more specific identifying pieces of information, such as an address or date of birth.
We collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store personal data when needed to provide our services and for our operational and business purposes as described in this policy. We want to be clear about our privacy practices so that you can make informed choices about the use of your data, and we encourage you to contact us
at any time with questions or concerns.
If you have registered with us, or ordered items from us, we will have your name, email address, telephone number, postal address and the method you chose to make your purchase with. We will also obtain personal data when you contact us for any reason, sign up to a service, register to use our service or report a problem.
In addition, our servers, logs, and other technologies automatically collect certain information
(please see below) to help us administer, protect, and improve our services; analyse usage; and improve users’ experience.
We share personal data with others only as described in this policy, or when we believe that the law permits or requires it.
DATA WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We may also collect information about your device each time you use the Site. If you have an account with us, we may collect information from or about the computers, phones or other devices where you log into our services. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent services across your devices. Here are some examples of the device information that we collect:
- Attributes such as the operating system and hardware version.
- Browser type and IP address.
We may also collect information to determine your location. Some features of the Site will require access to such location data to work. If you would like to use any such feature, you will be asked to consent to provide such location information. You can withdraw your consent to providing this information at any time by contacting email@example.com
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data for the following:
- So we can personalise your shopping experience on our Site.
- To allow us to handle your orders, deliver products and process your payments and refunds.
- To let you know about your orders.
- To update our records and generally maintain your account with us.
- To keep a record of when and why you contact us and to keep your contact details up-to-date.
- For our statistical or survey purposes – so we can improve our websites and their services to you, develop new products or features and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
- To prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our Site.
- To enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
Where you have directly consented, you agree that we may:
- use your data to let you know about our other products and services that may be of interest to you including services that may be the subject of direct marketing and we may contact you to do so by post, telephone, mobile messaging (e.g. SMS, MMS etc.) as well as by e-mail; and
- share data with third parties (including those in the leisure, marketing and advertising sectors) to use your data in order to let you know about goods and services which may be of interest to you (by post, telephone, mobile messaging (e.g. SMS, MMS etc.).
Please note that by submitting reviews regarding the Site, you consent to us using such reviews on the Site and in any marketing or advertising materials created by us or on our behalf. We will only identify you for this purpose by your first name and the city in which you reside (and any other information that you may from time to time consent to us disclosing).
The personal data you submit to us will only be retained for as long as is required for the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose your personal data to our service providers who operate elements of our service and process data on our behalf. These may include businesses who provide technology services such as hosting for our servers and email distribution, and business partners who provide order fulfilment services. Where such disclosures are made, this will be under contractual arrangements with us and carried out in accordance with the requirements of UK and EU data protection laws.
We may disclose your personal data to any successors in title to our business or to a buyer in the event that we or any of our assets are acquired by a third party (as your data may be one of the transferring assets).
We will also disclose any of your personal data to any third party where we are under a duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of our customers).
HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not store any payment details. Your payment details are encrypted and securely stored by payment processors who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority as Electronic Money Institutions.
My Icon Story takes data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal data. For example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology.
If you're under 18, you may use MyIconStory.com only with the supervision of a parent or guardian.
ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
We respect your right to access and control your data, and we will respond to requests for data and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your personal data.
You have a right to access the personal data that we hold on you under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. You must make your request in writing, explaining clearly the information that you wish to be supplied and we will respond within 1 month.
Before providing data to you, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data.
Please address your request to:
My Icon Story® Ltd, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not happy with how My Icon Story manages your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator.